« Return to BuildingGreen.com
  • Remove facet 05 00 00: Metals
View: GridList

Division 05 covers structural steel framing ranging from large structural members to light-gauge joists and studs.

Steel is highly recyclable and often has high recycled content: look for levels of 90% or higher. Steel’s advantages over other structural materials include uniform quality, dimensional stability, and a relatively high strength-to-weight ratio. Steel is very thermally conductive, so in buildings using structural steel framing, design the building envelope to avoid thermal bridging.

Division 05 covers structural steel framing ranging from large structural members to light-gauge joists and studs.

Steel is highly recyclable and often has high recycled content: look for levels of 90% or higher. Steel’s advantages over other structural materials include uniform quality, dimensional stability, and a relatively high strength-to-weight ratio. Steel is very thermally conductive, so in buildings using structural steel framing, design the building envelope to avoid thermal bridging.

  • Delta Stud and Mega-Joist
  • Delta Stud and Mega-Joist
  • Steelform Building Products, Inc.
  • Delta Stud and Mega-Joist
    Steelform Building Products, Inc.
    Delta Studs and Mega-Joists from Steelform Building Products offer a lightweight alternative to conventional steel studs and joists for steel-frame construction. Regular stamped openings in the stud and joist webs reduce weight and use of raw materials, as well as reducing the need for cutting and drilling to accommodate electrical and piping installation. Flanges around each opening increase the product's strength-to-mass ratio. When used in insulated building-envelope applications, the openings in the web reduce thermal and acoustical transference.
  • (0 User Ratings)
    Add comment
  • Save to your portfolio 
  • Steel Recycling Institute
  • Steel Recycling Institute
  • Steel Recycling Institute
  • Steel Recycling Institute
    Steel Recycling Institute
    The Steel Recycling Institute (SRI) is an industry association that promotes and sustains the recycling of all steel products. The SRI educates the solid waste industry, government, the business sector, and consumers about the benefits of recycling steel and using high-recycled-content steel products.
  • (0 User Ratings)
    Add comment
  • Save to your portfolio 
  • SmartBeam
  • SmartBeam
  • Commercial Metals Company
  • SmartBeam
    Commercial Metals Company
    SmartBeam is an over 90% recycled steel I-beam with either round or hexagonal holes in the web. The openings in the web make for a lighter beam that allows electrical and mechanical systems to occupy the same space as the floor structure. SmartBeam is a resource-efficient I-beam that enables additional resource savings by reducing building heights and weights.
  • (0 User Ratings)
    Add comment
  • Save to your portfolio 
  • Westco Steel Trusses
  • Westco Steel Trusses
  • Westco Steel Systems
  • Westco Steel Trusses
    Westco Steel Systems
    The Tri-Chord Stud and Truss Systems were designed to minimize thermal bridging. They have triangular sections at each edge, and discrete webs spanning the wall cavity instead of a solid heat-conducting steel web (90% of the stud webbing is removed leaving 10% for thermal transference). The manufacturer claims to have the highest thermal, seismic, acoustic and fire ratings for steel framing, and that it will meet the thermal transference of wood. Tri-Chord EESI Thermal Steel Studs are structural; 18 gauge will carry just under 7,000 lbs each. Tri-Chord also manufactures wide-spanning, open-web floor trusses. These studs and trusses contain 41.2% - Post Consumer material, and 19.1% pre-consumer material.
  • (0 User Ratings)
    Add comment
  • Save to your portfolio 
  • Vulcraft Steel Joist and Girder
  • Vulcraft Steel Joist and Girder
  • Vulcraft
  • Vulcraft Steel Joist and Girder
    Vulcraft
    Vulcraft Steel Joist and Girder fabricates structural steel members of at least 90% recycled steel supplied by Vulcraft's parent company Nucor Corporation. Vulcraft markets primarily to commercial and industrial projects, and engineers each type of steel joist and steel girder for each project.
  • (0 User Ratings)
    Add comment
  • Save to your portfolio